SARC’s Hospital Accompaniment service provides in-person confidential advocacy, support and education to survivors, ages 14+, and their support persons about options and resources available, and can connect the survivor with follow-up support services.
Advocates respond to hospital locations within Washington County, and if the survivor chooses to have an advocate be with them at the time of an exam.
Hospital Accompaniment is offered if the sexual assault either occurred in Washington County, or the survivor lives, works, attends school, or is otherwise significantly connected with Washington County. Prior to, or upon arrival to the hospital, survivors are encouraged to contact our 24-hour Support & Resource Line at (503) 640-5311 or (888) 640-5311 to request an advocate for hospital response. If the survivor presents at the hospital first, then a trained medical professional, usually a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) will contact SARC on the patient’s behalf, if the survivor chooses to have a confidential advocate.
Temporary service adjustment notice: September 1-November 2, 2023, all in-person hospital response services will be on pause.
If you are with a community partner organization (e.g., SANE, law enforcement, or school) and would like to make a client referral for follow-up services:
- Call SARC’s general office line at (503) 626-9100 during regular business hours, 8 am-4 pm, weekdays; or
- During weekends or after-hours, please leave a voicemail on our general office line; an advocate will reconnect within the next business day.
- You are also welcome to email the client referral information to email@example.com. Please note in the subject line that this is a client service request.
If you are a survivor or someone impacted by sexual assault:
- Confidential advocates are here to provide resources, information, and support you through our 24-Hour Support & Resource Line.
- If you would like to receive follow-up support from SARC, and live, work, or attend school, or the incident occurred in Washington County, please reach out through SARC’s general office line at (503) 626-9100, weekdays 8 am-4 pm, or leave a voicemail and an advocate will connect with you the next business day.
- You may also drop-in for advocacy services with an on-site SARC Case Manager at the Family Justice Center of Washington County. The FJC is located at 735 SW 158th Ave #100, Beaverton, OR 97006. Case Managers are available for walk-in advocacy Tuesday & Wednesdays from 9am-3pm and by appointment Monday-Thursday 8:30am-4pm.